SUPPLEMENT TO CITY OF EDMUNDSON REPORT UNDER 105.145, RSMo.
CERTIIFIICATION OF SUBSTANTIAL COMPLIANCE UNDER 479.360, RSMo.
As Municipal Judge for the City of Edmundson, Missouri, I hereby certify that the City was
in substantial compliance with the municipal court procedures as required by Section
479.360,RSMo. (effective August 28,2015 and as amended), during the preceding fiscal year and during the current fiscal year.
1 . Defendants in custody pursuant to an initial arrest warrant issued by the municipal court
have an opportunity to be heard by a judge in person, by telephone, or video conferencing
as soon as practicable and not later than 48 hours on minor traffic violations and
not later than 72 hours on other violations and, if not given that opportunity, are
2. Defendants in municipal custody shall not be held more than 24 hours without a
warrant after arrest;
3. Defendants are not detained in order to coerce payment of fines and costs unless found to be in contempt after strict compliance by the court with the due process procedures mandated by Missouri Supreme Court rule 37.65 or its successor rule;
4. The Municipal Court has established procedures to allow indigent defendants to present
evidence of their financial condition and takes such evidence into account in determining
fines and costs and establishing related payment requirements;
5. The Municipal Court only assesses fines and costs as authorized by law;
6. No additional charges shall be issued for the failure to appear for a minor traffic violation;
7. The Municipal Court conducts proceedings in a courtroom that is open to the public and
large enough to reasonably accommodate the public, parties, and attorneys;
8. The Municipal Court makes use of alternative payment plans;
9. The Municipal Court makes use of community service alternatives for which no associated costs are charged to the defendant; and
10. The Municipal Court has adopted an electronic payment system or payment by mail for the
payment of minor traffic violations.
The Honorable Sam Alton
Municipal Judge, City of Edmundson
Date: December 21, 2016