CITY OF EDMUNDSON
ANNUAL PUBLICATION OF COMPLIANCE
WITH THE MINIMUM STANDARDS ESTABLISHED BY SECTION 67.287.2 RSMO
INCLUDES REFERENCES TO:
FISCAL YEAR JULY 1 2017 – JUNE 30 2018
FISCAL YEAR JULY 1 2018 – JUNE 30 2019
During the previous fiscal year of July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 and the current fiscal year of July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 the City of Edmundson met and is meeting the minimum standards established by Section 67.287.2 RSMo. as set forth below. For more information, contact the City Clerk at 314-428-7125.
(1) The Board of Aldermen approved a balanced annual budget listing anticipated revenues and expenditures, as required in Section 67.010 RSMo. For fiscal year 2017-2018, see Ordinance No. 1478 and as amended by Ordinance No. 1494 for fiscal year 2018-2019, see Ordinance No. 1495.
(2) For the fiscal year 2017-2018, the certified public accountant firm BATES CPA is conducting an annual audit of the finances of the City that includes a report on the internal controls utilized by the City and prepared by the qualified financial consultant BATES CPA that are implemented to prevent misuse of public funds. The City has included with the audit records its current procedures that show compliance with the recommended internal controls subject to reasonable exceptions as stated therein. The City will conduct such an audit for the fiscal year 2018-2019 following the conclusion of that fiscal year. Completed audits may be obtained by contacting the City Clerk.
(3) At all times subject to this report, the City used a cash management and accounting system that accounts for all revenues and expenditures.
(4) During both fiscal years, the City maintained and is currently maintaining the following adequate levels of insurance to minimize risk, including:
(a) General liability coverage with the following limits: $2,000,000.00.
(b) Police professional liability coverage with the following limits: $2,000,000.00.
(c) Workers compensation benefits for injured employees as required under the provisions of Chapter 287 RSMo.
(d) Bonds for the following local officials as required by Section 79.260 RSMo: City Clerk, Court Administrator.
Copies of these insurance policies and bonds are available for inspection at the office of the City Clerk.
(5) The City has provided and currently provides access to the public of a complete set of ordinances adopted by its governing body during regular City Hall business hours and at the office of the City Clerk. The complete set of ordinances adopted by the governing body is made available within hours or fewer than ten business days of a written request. An online version of codified ordinances is also available through a link on the City’s website at www.cityofedmundson.com.
(6) Reserved for future use.
(7) The police department serving the City had written policies regarding the safe operation of emergency vehicles, including a policy on police pursuits. A copy of such policies is available at the office of the City Clerk.
(8) The police department serving the City had written policies regarding the use of force by peace officers. A copy of such policies is available at the office of the City Clerk.
(9) The police department serving the City had written general orders. A copy of such general orders is available at the office of the City Clerk.
(10) The police department serving the City had written policies for collecting and reporting all crime and police stop data for the City as required by law. Such policies have been forwarded to the Missouri Attorney General’s office. A copy of such policies is available at the office of the City Clerk.
(11) The City conducts construction code review by both City Staff and by contract with St. Louis County pursuant to the codes and procedures set forth in Title V of the City’s Municipal Code and the technical codes adopted and referenced therein.
Posted on City’s Website: 8/23/18
By: Ronda Phelps, City Clerk